Saturday, January 5, 2013

Thank you 2012!!

2013, wait, what happened to 2012!?? As the Holiday season winds down and we throw out the Christmas tree and take down the twinkly lights, we all look forward to the New Year. Many of us set New Years resolutions: to exercise more, to eat better, to work harder, to go to bed earlier. We all look forward to the year ending and "starting over" again, wiping the slate clean and making room for the new person we are to become. I can admit that I am guilty of being so excited for what the future has to bring, that I forget to be thankful for everything I have experienced so far. I know that I could have a million things that I want to work on each year, month, even each day, but first I would really like to look back at the awesomeness that was the year 2012. Pat my self on the back and say "well done Meg..you have really accomplished SO much, be proud of yourself!" And it is so true. 2012 was so good to me. Through all its highs and lows, lessons learned, victories, losses, and a wealth of new experiences, the year wrote an excellent chapter in my life's story. Lets just say 2013 has a lot to live up to! Thanks 2012, you will be remembered in the highest regards!

2012



In January, a trip to Costa Rica was not only a break from the cold, dark winter of Kansas, but a new adventure full of volcanoes, crocodiles, beaches, waterfalls and new friendships. (and lots and lots of Chicken, tortillas and plantains!)



In March I was fortunate enough to take advantage of another MBA study abroad opportunity as I ventured off to explore Paris with good friends, take classes in a French business school and intensify my love for travel ( and bread, cheese and wine!)

In April, we saw KU make a huge run in the NCAA tournament and made a last minute decision to drive 12 hours the next day just in time to see the Championship game.

In May, I couldn't believe my two years of study was complete and I graduated from the University of Kansas with my Masters, tons of outrageous memories, and some of the best classmate and friends that I will never forget and continue to miss each and every day.


In July, Brandon and I completed our first full length triathlon. I loved every minute of it, bring on more races this year, 2013!

Through the summer months, I was fortunate enough to have the best wakeboarding coach in the entire world (yes, I may be a little biased) help me get more and more comfortable on the board as I had the time of my life.
In August I went cross country with my Dad, making a pit stop in Ft. Collins Colorado for a few days. We hiked Horsetooth mountain and had some pretty incredible views.





 The end of summer rolled around and we packed up our Kansas City lives for Boston to take on a new adventure in a completely unknown and unfamiliar city. As Brandon starts his journey toward medicine and I begin my career post grad school, I couldn't think of a more exciting place to be, or a better guy to experience it with!






In December, my birthday and Harvard's Masquerade Ball ended up falling on the same evening- giving us an excellent reason to dress up, celebrate with some awesome people and dance the night away. One of the best birthdays of my life- a sign that 27 will be a great year!

So there it was- my year summed up in a few words and pictures, let this post serve as an official thank you for all the people in my life that made it happen, I am eternally grateful!

Well hey there 2013, lets boogie!!



No comments:

Post a Comment