Monday, April 8, 2013

Thoughts on Joy +Relay For Life


"It's not enough to have lived. 
We should be determined to live for something.

May I suggest that it be creating joy for others, 
sharing what we have for the betterment of personkind, 
bringing hope to the lost and love to the lonely.”  -Leo Buscaglia


I think that one of the greatest discoveries I have made over the past few months is how important people are to me. 
All people. 

I am consistently and overwhelmingly amazed with the heart and goodwill of other people. I love when this feeling takes me off guard. It can be such  a beautiful and pleasant surprise when even a small act of kindness lightens up my day. It reminds me that I have this little joy-inducing power within myself as well. If these small acts affect me so greatly, imagine how much joy I can bring other people by simply  bringing this part of me to the surface in every connection I make throughout the day. 

I was lucky enough to participate in the American Cancer Societies' Relay for Life this past Friday. I reached out to friends and family-asking for donations for this phenomenal organization in their quest to cure cancer. I am absolutely in awe of all of the people who responded to my requests and selflessly gave some of their hard earned money to the cause. You are all hero's and it is folks like you that inspire me and motivate me to continue to find ways I can provide service to others. I am forever grateful!

The event was held at the Harvard indoor track and provided hours of entertainment- (my favorite was the free cha-cha lesson) a plethora of snacks and delectable baked goods, and even a bounce-house and a jumbo sized twister board. We were moved by several stories told by survivors, loved ones of those who had passed, and people who had sheer determination to find a cure for cancer. I especially appreciated the luminaria ceremony, reminding us life is too precious to take for granted. We must focus on what is of true importance - the people in our lives that make it worth living!


 Keep love front and center and pass on the joy. 





Now here's the amazing people that came out and supported HEPS and Relay for Life!

:













No comments:

Post a Comment