Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The early bird gets the worm

Does anyone else find mornings extremely full of life and hope and hapiness?
I know it seems that I am a rare breed- as it seems many friends/family/colleagues say they hit the snooze button as many times as possible before they slowly roll out of bed and drag themselves into the shower. And not to say that this NEVER happens to me, because it definitely does, but for the most part I can't wait to get up and start my day early. I love that there is a whole day ahead of me-the earlier I wake up, the more day you get!
When it comes to working out, the morning is primetime for me. It kickstarts my mind, body and mood for the rest of the day. I can't tell you how good it feels to be finished with a run or time spent at the gym and head into work with that already checked off my list. As the days get shorter and colder the closer we get to winter, I know it can be so challenging to have the motivation to get up and work out but I just have to remind myself of that feeling that comes over me that fills me full of energy and propels me through the day. I feel unstoppable, I feel motivated, I feel as though positivity is just exploding from the inside out!
It wasn't always this way! Mornings were definitely not always my jam. I used to be a sleep-til-noon if I could type of girl too. I remember in highschool driving to school and thinking to myself when I saw a runner on the sidewalk "what is wrong with them! WHY are they up this early..running!?"
I can remember the summer that waking up early was neccesary and I learned what worked best for me, and I haven't looked back since! Now I would never give up my mornings for anything! Which brings me to the conclusion that if you want to be a morning person- you CAN! It's possible, I promise! A few quick tips that have worked for me..
  
 
Routine, Routine, Routine.: try getting in the groove with the same routine every morning. For me I get up the same time, I go to the gym the same time, I come home from the gym the same time-EVERY DAY. I set little time goals of when I should be getting up, leaving as well as what time I need to be in the shower by.
 
Food!: Look forward to breakfast! It has become my absolute hands down favorite meal of the day. Eggs/ Whole wheat toast/ coffee= YUM. I reward myself with a healthy, nutritious breakfast that I truly enjoy after my workout is complete.
 
Build in extra time: I never feel rushed in the morning because I build in about 45 min extra time to eat/check emails/Facebook/ online time. I feel this really allows me to unwind and mentally prepare for my day ahead.
 
 
Know it takes time: I think the biggest thing that defeats peoples efforts is that those first few days, or even weeks is that they are NOT fun- I'm not gunna lie, YES they suck. It's hard to get up and you may not feel that you enjoy it for a while. It takes time to develop habits and progress is made slowly. Don't give up. Try it for at LEAST a month. It WILL get easier.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And sprinkled in for visual goodness are some random fall Boston photos that I love, Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment